Sunday, August 22, 2010

Home improvements...

Want to see what we've been doing? :)
This was my project today. I ran out of tiles, but I got the area done that I needed to in order to move the second fridge into the pantry...sorry its so blurry. I have decided that I don't love to tile. Its frustrating and sticky, but it does look better than the 70's linoleum that was there! Ignore the mess...

Here is the foyer/staircase. I absolutely LOVE this green! It looks good with the brick floor too. The basebords are not put up yet so you'll have to just visualize...

Here is the livingroom...this color is *spiced gingerbread* and I love this too. The room isn't totally put back together yet, but you can get the feel...


Here is JD helping line up the tile for the front entry. Hubby has wanted to tile this since we moved in 3 years ago. Today, he is a happy man :)


Another view of the brick...I am pretty much loving this as I absolutely abhor carpet and this got rid of a big area of carpet. Again, ignore the mess...(who lives here and why don't they clean?)

I also gave a little shelf thing and our old kitchen table a facelift by repainting them. I am going to sand the tabletop and restain it this week. I am also going to recover the cushions for the 'bistro' table chairs I have so I can put the set outside. We will need more seating for out there once the deck is finished and the corner it is in now inside is going to house a small couch :)
My happy chickens gave me 5 eggs today, which is great. Considering that we have 7 hens and 1 is broody, plus the 3 that are too young to lay...I will take 5 eggs! Picked a bunch of tomatoes, and may head back out to get some greens. Now, laundry is calling...


No comments:

Post a Comment